Family Consultation Services
Families: Are you frustrated and tired of spinning your wheels?
- Do you wonder what the best plan is for your family member after treatment?
- Do you have a situation with a teen or young adult and you just aren’t sure what to do?
- Do you wonder where to turn for help, what kind, or if any professional help is needed in your situation?
- Do you wonder if you should get help or give them another chance?
- Do you disagree with your family about what to do and would really like a professional’s opinion before you make any big decisions?
- Do you think your loved one may need Therapy or Substance Abuse Treatment, but you’re not sure or where to start?
- Do you know they need treatment, but aren’t sure where to take them, how to choose the best treatment for them, or how to get them there?
- Do you think Recovery or Life Coaching is probably a good fit for your family member, but aren’t sure?
Navigating the teen and young adult years is challenging for families and nobody gives you a parenting instruction book! Let’s face it, you want to make the right decision, but it’s not always clear what the right thing is. This is perfectly natural.
We all have times when we wish we could just brainstorm with someone who understands the decisions we’re up against.
- What if you could just chat with someone who has more experience with the kind of situation you’re facing?
- What if you could ask some questions and throw around some ideas with no further obligation?
- What if you could only pay for a brief burst of insight and information, then walk away with a plan?
People ask me all the time if they can pick my brain. The answer is: “Yes, you can.”
Here’s how a Family Consultation works:
- You want to pick my brain about one of my areas of expertise.
You contact me to schedule a 45 minute appointment and let me know what you’d like to brainstorm about.
- You make your easy payment through PayPal.
- You take some time in advance to complete and return the preparation paperwork. You return it to me at least 48 hours prior to our session. This will help both of us get a clear idea of your goal is for our time together.
- Together, outside the presence of the family member you’re concerned about, we’ll brainstorm together at the scheduled time and see where I might be able to help you.
Sessions typically aren’t designed to include the family member you’re concerned about, but for you to get an idea of the next step you can take to help them. However, in some instances when they are interested in getting help, it may be important and valuable for them to join us. If you wish for them to join the conversation, speak to me about this in advance.
During our 45 minute session, we’ll brainstorm your personal situation.The discussion is usually very unstructured, very honest, open, and direct. Our time together is typically concluded with you having a clear picture of what you need to do next in order to help your family member. These sessions are power packed, high energy, fast paced, fun, and result oriented.
There’s no pressure… if we agree there’s an opportunity for us to work together more, we’re free to do so. If not, there is no further obligation. You walk away from our time together with a plan and know the next step to take.
** If you feel your family member is in danger of hurting themselves or someone else, call 911 or take them to the nearest emergency room. Family Consultations are NOT to address an immediate crisis. **
Images used with permission from Microsoft